Thursday 11 November 2010

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Feeding Bottles Review


I am breast feeding the majority of the time but wanted to introduce a bottle as I wanted to combine feed so that I had the choice and flexibility of both. I started using the bottle once a day with expressed milk at 3 weeks old and have since also used formula on occasions when I haven’t been producing enough breast milk.

I used the Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles and they do look like they mimic the breast, my baby took to them straight away and then went back on the breast for her next feed so she wasn’t confused or frustrated between the two.

The flow seems to be fine for her as she doesn’t totally glug it and it doesn’t let air back into the bottle. I can’t really comment too much on the anti colic easi-vent as my baby has had really bad colic whether on the breast or bottle and is on gripe water which still isn’t curing it, so for her they don’t seem to work but on the other hand they certainly don’t make her any worse when she is bottle fed. I think I just have an incredibly windy baby and the fact they don’t make her any worse than being on the breast must mean they are doing their job.

The bottles are BPA free and are easy to clean, they come out of the steriliser (I use the Tommee Tippee Microwave Steam Steriliser) looking bright and clear, unlike some bottles that have a dull look to the plastic. I like the shape of the bottles, they are easy to hold and use.

Overall I like the bottles and it has made it easy to combine bottle and breast with no latching on problems so I can rest assured that she is not going to reject the breast and I can be flexible with how I feed her. I would recommend to other mothers introducing bottles and combine feeding.

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...