Sunday 16 January 2011

Seriously, what's football all about?

Yesterday I was admittedly really bored on a long drive to London to visit a friend of ours.

We went passed a golf course and it got me thinking about certain sports... ok, obviously first I thought about golf... golf is a great sport if you have plenty of time on your hands and friends to do it with, but if you go to a golf course by yourself, to play by yourself.... well, in my mind you have to be a bit of a loner (I thought loser was a bit of a strong word and someone might get upset at me!).

You don't exactly get a lot of exercise walking from one hole to the next, pushing a cart and swinging a bat around... I could get the same exercise walking around my local huge supermarket, pushing a supermarket trolley and swatting flies or smacking* other peoples screaming kids... admittedly people would think I was crazy but we are in a free country after all!

So yes, in my head golf is boring, specially to watch it on TV... unless I personally know the bloke who is playing, I couldn't care less if he gets all the holes in one or wins a big trophy.

But the title here is about football, and that is what came in to my thoughts next, I can say that I had a lot of time on my hands and was really terribly bored.

In my little family we don't watch football, my husband is more of a Formula 1 fan (which I don't get the point of anyway, but it's more bearable as it's only a few times a year), and therefore my son is a car fanatic and never took on to football (phew!).

Anyway, I do waffle on a bit but seriously, what's football all about?

Ok, I know what the actual game is all about, scoring goals and all, but what do people watch it for?

I get playing it, if you asked me to play a game of footie with you I'd be all for it, as long as it's not cold outside, but watching it?!?

Sincerely, why would I want to watch a bunch of blokes getting paid millions to kick a ball around?

On second thought I have been known to stop in front of the TV when passing by it at my parents' house watching a football game but what no one knows is that I am actually admiring the rears of the players. hehehe

Monica x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...