I'm not vegetarian but we don't eat a lot of meat in the house, I don't believe we should eat meat at every meal and when we do it should be a third of what is on our plate. I think people eat way too much meat and animals are not treated respectfully most of the time.
But anyway, that is beside the point and that would be a whole full post!
There are 4 people in our household and unfortunately 3 cannot have milk!
Gadget Dad started not having milk after we found out BooBoo was Dairy intolerant and his skin got 99.9% better and his migraines reduced from at least 3 times a week to once every so often.
BooBoo had really bad eczema once she started eating & drinking since about 6 months (she was a very good eater!) and lots of chest infections, a continuously bright green runny nose and asthma. One day we decided to try a week of dairy free diet and amazingly everything disappeared!!
Funny Bunny also had the runny nose, the asthma and hayfever. That week of a dairy free diet made everything better for him too!
So basically I am the only one that can have dairy without dire consequences, but as I am the only one and the kids are very young, now practically everything that enters the house is dairy free!
I am now even more psycho than I originally was about checking labels and it is really frustrating that most of the stuff the kids love has milk in it... even frankfurters!!! Who knew?!
So here it is, a list of foods that Dairy Intolerant people can eat. Please note that some people are just LACTOSE INTOLERANT and some cannot have anything with cows milk in it at all as they are intolerant to milk proteins in general, even the Lactose Free milk products like Lactofree, these people are DAIRY INTOLERANT like my BooBoo.
DAIRY FREE PRODUCT LIST:
Please note this will be added to over time and you can contribute too by leaving us a comment!
- Jammie Dodgers Biscuits
- Choccie Dodgers Biscuits
- Kellog's Coco Pops Choc'n'Roll Cereal
- Weetabix Chocolate Cereal
- Green & Black's Hot Chocolate Drink
- Fox's Party Rings Biscuits (original and chocolate)
- Tesco Everyday Value Jaffa Cakes
- Soreen Banana Fruit Loaf
- Tesco Value Bourbon Biscuits
- Hellman's Original Mayonnaise
- Pom Bear Salted Potato Snacks (Red Packet)
- Kelloggs Coco Rocks Cereal
- Kellogs Moons & Stars
- Frosted Wheats
- Raisin Wheats
- Mini Max Originals
- Kellog's Cornflakes (normal/chocolate)
- Kellog's Rice Krispies (normal/multigrain)
- Kellog's Fruit Loops
- Nestle Cheerios (normal/honey/chocolate)
- Nestle Shreddies (normal/frosted/honey/chocolate/choco orange)
- Weetabix Original Cereal
- Jus Rol bake at home pastry, croissants, pain au chocolat and garlic bread
- Tesco's Oaties Biscuits
- Asda Smart Price Apple Pies
- Tesco Value Fruit Cake
- Hovis Granary Wholemeal Bread
- Hovis Best of Both Bread (1 slice provides almost the whole RDA of calcium for a child!)
- Mr Kipling Apple & Blackcurrant Pies
Please do check the labels before you buy as we are not responsible for the information above causing harm as manufacturers can change things at any time, etc. This list is to help you save time and find new products you might have otherwise disregarded!
Some of the products say on the label "may contain milk" but don't have any milk products on the ingredients list, please read the label and use your own judgement as some people are severely allergic and in that case should not take a chance on those products.
PS. A lot of these were provided by the mummies over at CMPA Support Group on Facebook, an awesome group for parents of children with allergies!