Tuesday 9 November 2010

Tommee Tippee Explora Heat Sensitive Weaning Spoons Review

Explora ® Heat sensitive spoons in Pink

Comes in a pack of 6 feeding spoons
Easi grip handles for little hands
Soft tip spoon for tender gums
Deep bowl spoon which helps hold the food on the spoon
Larger scoop - great as baby's appetite grows!
BPA free
Suitable for all forms of sterilisation
Available in Blue, Pink & Green

I have used these spoons since Boo Boo was about 3 and a half months old, my little girl with a big appetite was drinking loads of breast milk (and I produce it like a milking cow, trust me! lol) but it wasn't enough, from my experience with my boy I already liked these spoons so knew what to buy when I started slowly weaning my Boo Boo. 

These are "totally awesome" as the americans say, they are shaped just right, you can't really see in the picture but the handle has a little "dip" just before it gets to the tip or spoon scoop... this makes it comfortable and easy to feed the baby as well as now 13 months on she is feeding herself with it comfortably.

I also like the fact that if the food is too hot the spoon turns yellow to warn you, I always check it myself anyway but this is a great little reminder or warning to check it.

The spoon scoop or tip is also soft and bendy which is great for when baby doesn't have teeth so it doesn't hurt their gums, but also easier for toddlers to feed themselves, my Boo Boo sometimes fails to get most the food off the spoon with other spoons as she fails to move her hand up or down in the motion we do to get everything off the spoon so some of it ends up on the floor or all over herself... but the tip of this spoon is soft and bendy which means that it moves in her mouth and she can use her teeth to get all the food off and at 16 months she has all her teeth let me tell you!! So that means more food in her tummy and less on the floor!

These are available in most supermarkets so you can just buy them along with your weekly shop, alternatively you can visit www.tommeetippee.co.uk to find your local stockist.

Verdict:
Totally awesome! 

Pros:
  • Great shape and comfortable for you to feed your baby and for older baby/ toddler to feed themselves
  • BPA Free
  • Heat sensitive so tells you when food is too hot
  • Excellent value when you buy it at 4 months and its still useful at 3 years old!

Cons:
  • Couldn't find any...

As far as baby spoons go, this one gets a 10/10!

Monica x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...