Monday 8 November 2010

Bounce and Rhyme

Blondie Boy and I decided to go check out Bounce and Rhyme Time at our local library. Blondie Boy loves reading and singing so it seemed like a perfect fit! Plus it's free and was only a mile and a bit walk from our house.

There were lots of other Mommies and babies as well as some older toddlers and children, too. The session started with a "Hello" song to all the babies and then worked it's way through lots of nursery rhymes; the older children got to request their favorite songs.

Unfortunately for Blondie Boy I couldn't sing along to most of the songs-- some of them I'd never heard in my life (Wind the Bobbin up), some had different tunes (Baa Baa Black Sheep) and some had different words (Wheels on the Bus). I guess that's one of the downsides of being an American Mommy abroad and I had to wonder what a similar type of class would be like back home in the States.

I can't bring myself to sing "incy-wincy spider" instead of "itsy-bitsy spider" so poor Blondie Boy is going to grow up singing differently to all the other kids. Any other moms/mums have this problem?

Blondie

1 comment:

Monica said...

I have the same sort of problem but you quickly learn them!

The whole point is that ur baby has fun anyway! :) the rest is history ;)

Monica x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...